Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Because of thanksgiving and other experiences, I have recently been thinking about all the things I'm grateful for.  I can truly tell that my Heavenly Father loves me because of all the miracles I see around me everyday.  I am grateful for the world which he has given us to live in.  I am grateful that it has diversity in its landscape, in its people, and in its experiences.  In my geology class we have been learning about the way in which the earth works and it is incredible to realize that even something which seems as steady and solid as a mountain has been and still is being shaped and molded.  This world has so many intricate parts that must all come together in the right way for us to be able to live on it.  When I also consider the chemistry class, I've been taking, it gets even more complicated, not only are the rocks in the mountains moving but the molecules and atoms in the rocks are in constant motion.  Without the rules that hold everything together, it would never work to say that solid objects are made up of atoms that are mostly empty space.  So our physical earth is an amazing gift from God.
Add to that the amazing differences in people that we have.  Everyone has different talents that make our world amazing.  My roommates are all artists, and I think just how amazing it is that they all have that gift so that they can help beautiful our world.  I also think it is amazing how we have so many different cultures in this world and I'm really grateful for the opportunities to learn about them. 
I am also really grateful for the experiences we can have on this earth.  I am grateful for the opportunity to come to BYU and to be able to study all sorts of different subjects.  I'm so grateful that I was put in my family to be raised.  I'm so grateful for my parents and siblings who have always been so good at letting me know they loved me.  I am grateful for the opportunity to travel that we have in this modern age.  It is really amazing how fast we can get from one side of the globe to the other.  
This is just a short list of the things I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for.

1 comment:

Devin said...

I really enjoyed your post. It reminds me of the scripture in Alma that says something to the fact that everything denotes there is a God. It is true. I've often thought the same thing when studying micro and molecular biology. I've often thought that there is no possible way that DNA and life in general could've happened by chance. Life is to intricate to be merely a coincidence. I know that there is a God in heaven and that he is our Father in heaven and has created everything for us. That is truly amazing!!